New benches unveiled at Fenland park
- Credit: Archant
VISITORS to a Fenland park will be able to make themselves at home on two new benches.
The wooden benches were installed in Spider Park, Walsoken, after councillors called for improvements to the park.
Fenland District Council Leader Alan Melton provided £1,440 out of his Leader’s Discretionary Fund to pay for them.
He was joined by Cllr Peter Murphy, Cllr David Patrick and Wisbech Town Councillor Rob McLaren at the official unveiling.
Cllr Melton said: “You can have your multi-million pound projects and they get lots of headlines but it’s often the small things like this that actually matter most to local people.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Patrick added: “We feel that this part of town has lacked decent facilities, so we’re very pleased to see this. We’re hoping it will be the start of more improvements that would benefit the people of this area.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache