New bus has been laid on for Wisbech Tesco shoppers - but nobody knows about it, says town councillor
- Credit: Archant
A town councillor is helping spread the news about a new shoppers bus that has been laid on by Tesco at Wisbech to help people without their own car get to the store.
The bus, operated by Norfolk Green, is a Route 66, and is carrying out a run around the south side of town around the Ramnoth Road area.
There is already a Route 66 bus that carries out a run around the north of Wisbech incorporating the Walsoken area - the new bus adds to the existing service.
Councillor Sam Hoy said: “The new bus went live on May 2. Tesco have put fliers out but they haven’t really advertised it so people are not aware of the service.
“They are having to fund it as part of a section 106 agreement but nobody seems to know it is operating.”
You may also want to watch:
The bus runs from Monday to Saturday from 8am to 5.30pm.
“It’s a frequent service. So many people are without cars, especially elderly, who could benefit from this service. I wanted to get the word out,” she said.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder