New charity shop for Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
A Fen-based charity is opening a new shop in Whittlesey.
FACET is opening the charity shop in Broad Street making it the fourth shop, with two others based in March and one in Chatteris.
The new Whittlesey shop will mainly sell good quality low cost furniture but will also stock the more traditional items such as clothes and bric-a-brac.
Linda Ingram, the Charity’s CEO, said: “From speaking to our customers we know that this service is much-needed in the local area, and we are keen to respond to the needs expressed.
“We hope people will support us in this new venture, especially by donating furniture and other items, as these will always be welcome and we can then in turn help local people in need.
You may also want to watch:
“We especially want to welcome the team of dedicated volunteers who will help us to run the shop, as we could never do this without them. Our thanks are due to them in abundance”.
FACET offers a collection and delivery service across Fenland and will now extend that towards Peterborough.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
FACET provides training in independent living and practical work-based skills at its main site in March, catering for the needs of more than 100 adults with learning disabilities who come from across the Fenland area and beyond to access the services offered by FACET.
In addition to being a training provider, FACET has also emerged to become a much valued provider of health and social care services, for which the charity has built up an excellent reputation.
People who might be interested in supporting their work or accessing services should contact our main Reception on 01354 655080.