New Community Hub to open in Whittlesey next month
- Credit: Archant
An all-in-one community hub is set to open in Whittlesey Library in December making it easier for local people to access a wide range of public services.
Modelled on the hub that was established in Chatteris last year, it will bring together the Cambridgeshire County Council services that are currently provided at the library and those now available at Fenland District Council’s Fenland @ your service shop.
The Hub will open on Monday December 15 at 2pm.
The library and shop will be closed for the previous week to prepare for the merger to take place.
The town’s Fenland @ your service shop will close for the last time at noon on Saturday December 6. The library will also be closed from December 5 until the hub opens, except for the morning of Saturday, December 13.
You may also want to watch:
The new community hub will offer all the same help and advice about Fenland District Council services as the current one-stop shop and will be open for an extra three hours per week.
There will be a self-service machine for accepting payments by debit card, cheque and cash for council bills, replacing the current staffed cash office. Customers in Whittlesey who need help and advice from December 8-13 should ring the council’s customer services team on 01354 654321 or visit the Fenland @your service shop in March. Information about FDC services can also be found online at www.fenland.gov.uk.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
The new community hub’s opening hours will be: Monday 9am-5pm, Tuesday 9am-1pm, Wednesday 9am-noon, Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday 9am-1pm .