New equipment sounds just great
AN audience of more than 100 on Sunday, gave a resounding thumbs up to the new portable sound equipment provided by March Town Council for use at the summer band concerts in the town s West End Park. Organiser Reg Kemp said: The equipment, which cost le
AN audience of more than 100 on Sunday, gave a resounding thumbs up to the new portable sound equipment provided by March Town Council for use at the summer band concerts in the town's West End Park.
Organiser Reg Kemp said: "The equipment, which cost less than £100, will make for much easier and informed listening, by enabling the respective bandleader at each concert to provide the audience with background information on individual items of their programme.
"This was something which not all bands have been able to do previously."
He said Sunday's concert by the City of Peterborough Concert Band was voted one of the best yet in the series of nine summer concerts sponsored by March Town Council.
You may also want to watch:
This Sunday sees a complete change of tempo with the welcome return of The Wississippi Jazzmen. As usual, the performance will start at 2pm and finish at 4pm.
If the weather is wet, the band will play at Trinity Church.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend