New eye care service
A NEW community-based eye service has been launched to make eye care more accessible. GPs have joined together as Wisbech Health Ltd to provide the service – Anglia Community Eye Services (ACES). The aim of the service is to bring eye care out of hospital
A NEW community-based eye service has been launched to make eye care more accessible.
GPs have joined together as Wisbech Health Ltd to provide the service - Anglia Community Eye Services (ACES).
The aim of the service is to bring eye care out of hospitals and into the community. Patients will continue to be treated by hospital consultants and most ophthalmic conditions will be covered.
There will be a choice of locations where patients can see a consultant, either at their own GP surgery or one of the other surgeries in the locality.
You may also want to watch:
Operations will take place at North Cambs Community Hospital, Wisbech. It is expected that waiting time will be no more than four to six weeks.
The service has been developed through a collaboration between four surgeries - North Brink, Trinity and Clarkson at Wisbech, and Parson Drove.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
Dr Peter Godbehere, of North Brink Practice, who has led the project, said: "We aim to deliver a gold standard service for our patients by making it quick, local, high quality and familiar."
Treatment and surgery will be carried out by two well-known NHS consultant ophthalmologists, Cliff Jakeman and Neil Johnson.