New farming tenants to be given chance to set up their own rural businesses
- Credit: Archant
TEN holdings have become available in Cambridgeshire for new tenants wishing to establish themselves in the farming industry.
The farms are available to let from Cambridgeshire County Council’s Farms Estate from October 2013, providing opportunities for prospective tenants to set up their own rural businesses.
With 13,500 hectares and 250 tenants, the Cambridgeshire estate is the largest of its kind in the country.
Cambridgeshire County Councillor Steve Count, Cabinet Member for Resources, said: “The County Council is delighted to be able to give new tenants a chance to build a career in the countryside.
“The idea is is to get people into farming and when they are large enough and get capital behind them they will be able to move onwards and upwards.
You may also want to watch:
“The competition for new tenancies on the Cambridgeshire Estate is always fierce, ensuring we attract very high quality applicants from around the country.
“The County Council is committed to helping support new businesses, encouraging enterprise and the growth of the local economy.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
The ten available holdings are:
* Marshalls Farm, Farcet
* Church Farm, Stow cum Quy
* Alley Farm, Wisbech St Mary
* Selwyn Lodge Farm, Wisbech
* Rowells Farm, Warboys
* Bettys Nose Farm, Benwick
* Kings Farm, Horningsea
* Vector Farm, Elm
* Needham Farm, Elm
* Flaggrass Hill Farm, March
View days are being held on February 5 and 7 2013 and the deadline for applications is February 22 2013.