New farming tenants to be given chance to set up their own rural businesses
- Credit: Archant
TEN holdings have become available in Cambridgeshire for new tenants wishing to establish themselves in the farming industry.
The farms are available to let from Cambridgeshire County Council’s Farms Estate from October 2013, providing opportunities for prospective tenants to set up their own rural businesses.
With 13,500 hectares and 250 tenants, the Cambridgeshire estate is the largest of its kind in the country.
Cambridgeshire County Councillor Steve Count, Cabinet Member for Resources, said: “The County Council is delighted to be able to give new tenants a chance to build a career in the countryside.
“The idea is is to get people into farming and when they are large enough and get capital behind them they will be able to move onwards and upwards.
You may also want to watch:
“The competition for new tenancies on the Cambridgeshire Estate is always fierce, ensuring we attract very high quality applicants from around the country.
“The County Council is committed to helping support new businesses, encouraging enterprise and the growth of the local economy.”
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 9 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 10 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
The ten available holdings are:
* Marshalls Farm, Farcet
* Church Farm, Stow cum Quy
* Alley Farm, Wisbech St Mary
* Selwyn Lodge Farm, Wisbech
* Rowells Farm, Warboys
* Bettys Nose Farm, Benwick
* Kings Farm, Horningsea
* Vector Farm, Elm
* Needham Farm, Elm
* Flaggrass Hill Farm, March
View days are being held on February 5 and 7 2013 and the deadline for applications is February 22 2013.