New heating system installed at St Peter’s Church Wimblington after three-year fund-raising campaign
THE congregation of Wimblington Church is looking forward to being much warmer during their services this winter, thanks to a new heating system installed at St Peter’s.
The final funds for the �40,000 project were presented to the church by the Fisher-Parkinson Trust this week, when trustee Ross Davies handed over a cheque for �5,000.
Church warden Peter James said: “We have been very lucky to receive generous donations from people in the village. Our new gas central heating has just been installed, after a three year fund raising campaign.
“The new heating replaces our old electric wall heaters, and now we have the building properly heating, we can make the church available for more community use.”
Fifteen years ago the church had a kitchen and toilet installed, and five years ago a number of pews were removed to open the space in the church.
You may also want to watch:
Peter added: “The heating has been the final push, to make the church a community space; now we want to ensure that groups realise they can use the church. We do not make a charge, but ask for a donation. We have comfortable chairs and all facilities, a new photography group has already started to use the church.”
Anyone wanting to inquire about using the church for community groups is asked to contact Peter on 01354 741872.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder