New multimedia library project aimed at teenagers due to start next month
AN exciting multimedia project aimed at teenagers will launch in January 2013 at Wisbech Library.
Click! Wisbech Captured will explore the past, document the present and encourage young people to create a new archive which will culminate in an online exhibition.
The project is part of a season of cultural events taking place in Fenland’s libraries entitled ‘Arts Alive in Libraries’.
ADeC’s Project Manager Zoe Davidson, who is delivering the project, is excited about its potential results.
She said: “Click! Wisbech Captured will give young people the chance to lead the project, working alongside a professional photographer and sound artist, whilst learning new media skills and exploring their own heritage.
You may also want to watch:
“Working with old and new cameras young people will take photographs of Wisbech through their eyes.
“They will also produce an audio recording that represents living in Wisbech and I can’t wait to see what they come up with!”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
The first session will take place at Wisbech Library on January 12 from 10-1pm.
To book a place on this project, sign up at Wisbech Library, or for more information you can contact Zoe Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01353 611592.