New nursery taking over historic March building in September
- Credit: Archant
A NEW nursery school is coming to March in September.
The Orchards Day Nursery will open at 50 Knights End Road, March, the site of the former Buttercups day nursery.
The company purchased the five-bedroom, grade II listed building for £180,000 at an auction last October.
Laura Gentry, owner of The Orchard Nursery, said: “Since then we have been doing a lot of work because the building needed a lot of renovation.
“We wanted it really looking nice before we opened it. It has taken a while but it’s coming along nicely, thanks to the tremendous support we’ve had from local tradespeople.
You may also want to watch:
“It is so nice having a nursery in a residential area because it is like going into your own home.
“It is a lovely old building with tremendous character. It is just ideal, a nice safe place for children to be.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
The company, which was set up in 1991, already runs nurseries in Royston and St Neots.
The Royston nursery was described as “outstanding” following an OfSted inspection carried out last month.
Staff had an excellent understanding of how children learn, the report said.
They are currently registering children for the new nursery and open days are planned for August.