New owners for popular riverside pub in March
A COUPLE who have taken over a popular Fenland pub say they are thrilled by the support they have had from pub-goers.
Kelly Bermingham, 20, was working as a barmaid of The Acre when the previous owners announced they were leaving and said she could take over with her boyfriend Martin Savage.
They haven’t looked back since taking the pub over at the beginning of the month but Mr Savage says they won’t rock the boat and will make the riverside venue a happy place for everyone.
“We’ve had a lot of support from family, friends and the regulars. We’re really enjoying it so far and we are here to stay,” he said.
“The couple who owned the pub before had done a lot of work to get the pub up to scratch so we don’t have to do anything to the interior.
You may also want to watch:
“Despite being young, it’s not that daunting to own our own pub, we have managed pubs before and I’m used to working in kitchens - Kelly will be on the bar and I will be running the kitchen.”
The pub has already held one poker night and plans to hold one every Thursday, with buy-ins at �5. They are also planning accoustic nights on the last Sunday of each month.
- 1 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 2 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 3 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 4 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 5 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 6 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 7 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 8 Tandoori Nights get a whole lot better at restaurant
- 9 Fly tipped waste in Chatteris blights rural walk
- 10 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
The 24-year-old said: “We just want a quiet night where people can relax and unwind before a busy week at work.
“There will also be a Halloween disco that takes place on October 29 with a fancy dress competition with a prize. We will also have apple bobbing during the day for the kids.”