New owners wanted for stray dog found tied to a drain pipe and abandoned near M11
WOOD Green Animal Shelters are appealing for information about a stray dog that was found tied to a drain pipe at a garage in Abington, Cambridge, on Sunday and brought to their Godmanchester Shelter.
The two-year-old Lurcher, named Roxy by staff at Wood Green, was tied to the pipe, close to the Four Went Ways service station, with a piece of rope and abandoned by her owners between 10am and 11.30am, who drove off in a green ranger rover type vehicle.
Roxy was found by paramedic Jo Goodman who untied her before transporting her to Wood Green.
Luckily Roxy suffered no injuries to her neck or face and although she is a little underweight and was frightened when she was first brought into the Shelter, she is being well looked after by staff who soon hope to find her new forever home.
Deputy Head of Dog Welfare for Wood Green Animal Shelters, Chris Bennet said: “Roxy is a friendly dog. Despite being abandoned by her previous owners and tied to the pipe, she has settled well in her kennel. We hope that she will be ready for rehoming shortly and somewhere out there is a lovely family who will be very lucky to have her.”
You may also want to watch:
Spokesman from the RSPCA Inspector Richard Lythgoe said: “Roxy was very scared, shivering and shaking when she was found and we are currently investigating how she came about being abandoned at the service station in Abington.
“We are currently looking through CCTV and we believe someone driving a green range rover type vehicle may have abandoned the dog at the garage.”
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
Anyone with any information about Sebastian should contact the RSPCA’s Cruelty Line on 0300 1234 999.