New play centre opens in March
A NEW play centre has opened its doors in March and is already proving a big hit with youngsters.
Play Time Local and Game Time Local is based in the former Edgoose’s shop in the town’s High Street and caters for babies and toddlers in one section and teenagers in another.
The project has been masterminded and financed by Mike and Jennifer Lyall. Mr Lyall has been working in West Africa but the family have been living in the town off and on for around 10 years.
The centre has a huge range of toys and play equipment for younger children in a special dedicated safe area and food and refreshments are available.
In the area for teenagers there is a variety of non-violent electronic games for entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
While the centre is easily accessible on foot there is also a dedicated car park at the back of the premises.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 5 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden