New priest for Wisbech catholic church
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Catholic church has welcomed a new priest into its fold who is a permanent replacement for Father Eddie Murphy who died in a car crash.
Father James Fyfe is priest in charge at Our Lady and St Charles Borromeo church and joins after serving at churches in Hunstanton, Cambridge, Aldeburgh and Norwich.
Fr James comes from Glasgow where he spent his early years but finished school in Leicestershire.
He worked in accountancy before training as a social worker and joined the Anglican Franciscans who he was with for 24 years before being received into full communion in the catholic church.
As deacon he spent six months at St Ives before being ordained priest and moving to St George’s, Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
He then looked after Aldeburgh for nearly a year followed by three and a half years at Cambridge.
He was appointed to Hunstanton with Dersingham where he spent six and a half years and afterwards tried his vocation as a Benedictine at Donwside Abbey.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
After a three year discernment he returned to the diocese and was appointed to Wisbech by way of Great Yarmouth and Gorleston.
His predecessor Fr Murphy died in a car crash near Dublin in 2012.