New recruits at Wisbech Air Cadets
- Credit: Archant
Cadets from 272 (Wisbech) Squadron Air Cadets have recently completed their first stage of the basic training and have been issued with their uniform.
Emanuel Malaquais, Ryan Farmer, Georgina Hilson, Kaya Kilby and Kobe Huggins-Driver studied History of the Air Training Corps, the Royal Air Force, Drill and Uniform Care while taking part in other cadet activities over a number of weeks.
The cadets were presented with their record of service books on final parade by the commanding officer of the squadron, Flight Lieutenant Colin Arnold RAFVR(T).
Flight Lieutenant Colin Arnold said: “I welcome these new recruits to 272. They have completed the first part in what we hope will be a long and successful career with us.”
Now that the cadets have gained their uniform they can take part in the many cadet activities outside the Squadron.
You may also want to watch:
The cadets are currently studying the final subjects and brushing up on their drill to become First Class cadets.
Wisbech Squadron will be recruiting again soon. There will be an open evening on Thursday February 6 with the intake night on Monday February 10.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
Keep an eye on the website www.272atc.org for more details.