Fair play certificates presented to children at Whittlesey schools
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from two Whittlesey schools were presented with sporting certificates in a special ceremony.
The sportsmanship and fair play certificates were presented to children at New Road and Park Lane primary schools by the Mayor of Whittlesey, Councillor Julie Windle.
Janette Bowdon the sports coordinator for both schools, said she was delighted with the sessions that had been supported from the Burnt House Wind Farm funds and provided by the Peterborough and Fenland Referee Development Scheme.
“The children had a great time,” she said. “The values of sportsmanship, fair play and respect for the match official are very high on our sporting curriculum. We were very grateful to Robert for his time and effort.”
Councillor Ralph Butcher, the most recent past mayor, was also on hand to assist.
You may also want to watch:
The certificates were the result of each school being visited for six sessions by Football Association referee tutor Robert Windle.
The Burnt House Wind Farms fund helps people who live in Whittlesey, Turves, Eastrea, Benwick, Coates, Wimblington, Doddington and the parts of March which are within a five mile radius of the wind farm.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
Charitable projects are supported if they demonstrate it would benefit a material proportion of the local community.
Grants are offered in the range of £250 to £6,000.