New robes not on view
THOSE waiting to see the 12 members of March Town Council attired in their new robes will, regretfully, have to wait a little longer. Monday s mayor-making might well have provided the first opportunity to view the newly elected council in all their finer
THOSE waiting to see the 12 members of March Town Council attired in their new robes will, regretfully, have to wait a little longer.
Monday's mayor-making might well have provided the first opportunity to view the newly elected council in all their finery, but sadly it remained all politely informal.
New deputy mayor, Trevor Quince, did get to wear his new robes, but he was the exception; for the others the moment must wait.
One councillor still refusing to contemplate wearing robes- ever- is Peter Skoulding who thinks humility should prevail.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm afraid people will look and say ' who do they think they are?'," he told a colleague. "In truth we are just ordinary people."
With two of the town's clergy present, I half expected Cllr Skoulding to quote St Luke for his long term resistance to wearing robes.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
For was he not the apostle himself who warned to " beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts; Which devour widows' houses, and for a shew make long prayers: the same shall receive greater damnation.