New salon opens in Wisbech offering laser beauty treatments
A STAR Laser of Roman Bank, Wisbech is a new salon offering specialist beauty treatments.
The brainchild of owner Katie Longmate, the salon offers laser treatments for hair removal and skin rejuvenation which helps with sun-damaged skin, ageing skin and problematic skin.
Katie was a Tesco manager when she decided to have a complete career change. “I had a break from work and started my training in Nottingham”, she says. “This allowed me to build up my knowledge and acquire my Level 2 and Level 3 qualifications in Beauty Therapy”.
Katie has transformed part of her house into a salon and her first laser was delivered last March. She hopes that by keeping her overheads low she will be able to offer customers an excellent value for money service.
“I offer a quality, one-to-one service at a rate that people can afford”, says Katie. “I cater to everybody and am open in the evening so that people who work all day can see me at their convenience.”
You may also want to watch:
One of Katie’s special promotions is a six for the price of five offer on skin rejuvenation and hair removal. Katie points out that, using other methods, people spend an average of �200 a year on removal of unwanted hair. But using the laser treatment, a customer only has to pay once for permanent removal. Intense pulse lights (IPL) or laser treatments, which have not been widely available locally, give instant results on the skin.
Katie has applied to the Care Quality Commission (formerly the Health Care Commission) for a second laser to perform more intricate tasks such as thread vein removal and tattoo removal and reduction.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 5 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 6 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 10 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
A Star Laser is open from Monday to Wednesday 10.00am to 7.00pm, Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm and Saturday from 9.00am to 1.00pm. Phone 01945 467499 for an appointment.