New headteacher appointed at Burrowmoor Primary School in March
- Credit: Archant
Diane Hawkes has been named as the new headteacher of Burrowmoor Primary School in March.
Diane will join a team led by Jason Wing, the executive principal and heads of school at Neale Wade and the Littleport and East Cambs Academy, when she starts at the beginning of the 2018/19 academic year.
In her last role Diane, who has been teaching for 21 years, improved Little Paxton Primary from a ‘good’ Ofsted rating to ‘outstanding’.
She said: “My biggest career challenge so far has been as deputy head in an area of high deprivation, unemployment and where many families had low aspirations for their children.
“During my seven years at the school, we initiated different ways to involve parents in their children’s learning which has improved overall attendance and better engagement.”
You may also want to watch:
“Key Stage Two results also improved and during my last two years with the school figures were in line with national achievements for the first time.”
During the last four years, Diane has trained to be an Ofsted inspector and she is also involved with the Cambridge Maths Hub.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town