New six-a-side leagues to start at state-of-the-art all-weather pitch at Chatteris
SIX-a-side football teams are being invited to join the new leagues being set up at the new all-weather pitch at Cromwell Community College, Chatteris, starting on April 24.
Cambs FIVES is run by Cambridgeshire Football Association and provides hassle-free, high quality small-sided football leagues.
FA qualified referees, facilities and fixtures are all arranged by Cambs FIVES so all teams have to do is turn up, pay and play.
And at just �20 per team a week, it is great value for money too.
Tuesday leagues will be for men aged from 16. Teams could be made up from a wide mixture of ages, perhaps from work colleagues or fathers and sons.
You may also want to watch:
For those who would prefer to play with players of their own age there will be an under-20s league for players aged 16-20 and a veterans league for the over-35s on Thursdays.
The fantastic new facility at Cromwell Community College boasts state-of-the-art third generation artificial grass pitches. The new surface simulates the qualities of natural grass and accommodates moulded football boots, astro boots or trainers.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
All fixtures will be officiated by a qualified, FA registered referee and a Cambs FIVES co-ordinator will be on hand at every fixture to ensure the smooth running of match evenings.
Chris Abbott, Cambridgeshire FA competitions manager, said: “Cambs FIVES has been running successfully at Cottenham Village College since 2009 and we are delighted to expand on the success by providing leagues in Chatteris.
“We pride our small-sided leagues on providing high quality organisation, administration and facilities at a value-for-money price.”
Cambridgeshire FA aims to establish safe and structured football opportunities for the benefit of all concerned irrespective of age, colour, gender and disability.
Geographically, it administers the area from Wisbech and Whittlesey in the north to Castle Camps and Ickleton in the south, the areas covered by the City of Cambridge, South Cambs, East Cambs & Fenland District Councils (not Peterborough or Huntingdonshire).
• To enter a six-a-side team, or for more information, please contact Chris on 01223 209028 or e-mail Chris.Abbott@CambridgeshireFA.com