New staff boost for centre
THE Hudson Leisure Centre in Wisbech has taken another major step to boosting services to customers – with the appointment of three senior staff. Phil O Neill, 34, has taken up the post of general manager at the centre. He brings a wealth of experience as
THE Hudson Leisure Centre in Wisbech has taken another major step to boosting services to customers - with the appointment of three senior staff.
Phil O'Neill, 34, has taken up the post of general manager at the centre.
He brings a wealth of experience as the former general manager of the Hertsmere Leisure Trust in Borehamwood and as the operations manager at Parkside Pool in Cambridge.
He said of his appointment: "I really like delivering services to the community and top of my list of priorities is to put health and wellbeing high on the agenda at the Hudson."
You may also want to watch:
Dan Bryan, 28, is the Hudson's new assistant leisure manager, with special responsibility for marketing the Hudson to the local community. He comes from the Glassworks Health Club in Cambridge, where he was facilities manager.
Dan said: "I will be actively promoting the leisure services we offer in order to attract even more people to the centre. Physical exercise is the key to improving health and a general sense of wellbeing and I will be banging the drum for it at every opportunity."
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
Alex Carlow, 27, is the new fitness manager at the Hudson. He is a health and wellbeing physiologist and has a wealth of experience, working for Nuffield Proactive Health, a division of Nuffield Hospital, as a personal trainer in Canada and as a fitness manager in London.
Alex said: "I get a real kick out of helping people to get fit because I know that it improves their health and makes them feel generally more happy and able to cope with the stresses of every-day life.