New team rector for St Peter’s church in March and St Mary’s church in Westry
- Credit: Archant
The priest in Charge of St Peter’s and St. Mary’s Churches is stepping down from the role to make way for a new team rector, following the creation of a team ministry across the Anglican churches in March.
Rev Jenny Webb, will be stepping aside in April, although she will still be involved with the team ministry in March.
The new Rector will be Rev Andrew Smith, who is currently at All Saints Church in West Bromwich in the Midlands and is the rural dean of West Bromwich in the Diocese of Lichfield.
Rev Webb, who has been attached to the town centre church of St. Peter, and St. Mary’s, Westry, for more than nine years, will continue living at Wherry Close in March.
She said “We are in discussion about my role within the newly formed team ministry and I look forward to working with Andrew Smith, and continuing to work with Rev Clifford Stocking, team vicar with responsibility for St. Wendreda’s and St. John’s Churches in March.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a great privilege to be involved in ministry in the churches and the town.’
Rev Webb, 66, was ordained in Southwark, London, in 1996 and was a self supporting minister at St Richards Church in Ham, London.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
She worked as a senior manager in Social Services before moving to March in 2005, which brought her back to her roots having been brought up in Upwell.
She was a self supporting minister at St Peter’s and St. Mary’s from 2005 but took on more responsibilities after Rev Anthony Chandler retired.
The induction of Rev Smith will take place at St Peter’s Church, March on Thursday April 23.
He will be the first person to live in the rectory behind St Peter’s church for many years.