New team rector for St Peter’s church in March and St Mary’s church in Westry
- Credit: Archant
The priest in Charge of St Peter’s and St. Mary’s Churches is stepping down from the role to make way for a new team rector, following the creation of a team ministry across the Anglican churches in March.
Rev Jenny Webb, will be stepping aside in April, although she will still be involved with the team ministry in March.
The new Rector will be Rev Andrew Smith, who is currently at All Saints Church in West Bromwich in the Midlands and is the rural dean of West Bromwich in the Diocese of Lichfield.
Rev Webb, who has been attached to the town centre church of St. Peter, and St. Mary’s, Westry, for more than nine years, will continue living at Wherry Close in March.
She said “We are in discussion about my role within the newly formed team ministry and I look forward to working with Andrew Smith, and continuing to work with Rev Clifford Stocking, team vicar with responsibility for St. Wendreda’s and St. John’s Churches in March.
“It is a great privilege to be involved in ministry in the churches and the town.’
Rev Webb, 66, was ordained in Southwark, London, in 1996 and was a self supporting minister at St Richards Church in Ham, London.
- 1 Head of sixth form at Sir Harry Smith ‘incredibly proud’ of students' A-level results
- 2 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 3 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 4 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 5 Students in Cambridgeshire receive ‘fantastic’ A-level results
- 6 Ramsey fire-fighters refill Horse Pond with water to save fish
- 7 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 8 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 9 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
- 10 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
She worked as a senior manager in Social Services before moving to March in 2005, which brought her back to her roots having been brought up in Upwell.
She was a self supporting minister at St Peter’s and St. Mary’s from 2005 but took on more responsibilities after Rev Anthony Chandler retired.
The induction of Rev Smith will take place at St Peter’s Church, March on Thursday April 23.
He will be the first person to live in the rectory behind St Peter’s church for many years.