New Year pantomime fun comes to March - oh yes it does!
Pantomime fun and laughter comes to March with new year performances of family favourite Cinderella.
Award-winning March and District Amateur Operatic Society is preparing to stage the show over three days.
This is the first time the company has performed a panto and director Paul Tinker says he is delighted to be leading the company in this exciting project.
He said: “Panto is where I first developed my love of live theatre. At the tender age of seven, I was allowed to join the chorus of Jack and the Beanstalk, which had been written by my father.
“It spurred on my performance career and now as a director I am hoping to give all the boys and girls, and mums and dads, a chance to be part of the magic that inspired me so much.”
You may also want to watch:
The society won three National Operatic and Dramatic Association Awards for its performance of Footloose earlier this year, including the much-prized shield for the best overall show in the region.
The panto will be staged at March Community Centre, in Station Road, March, with the opening show on January 2 at 6.30pm. On January 3 and 4 there will be shows at 2.30pm and 6.30pm.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
Tickets cost £9 for adults, £7 for concessions and students, £5 for under-12s and £25 for a family ticket.
The box office is at Collingwoods, in March. Tickets can also be bought by calling 01223 911446 or online at www.madaos.org/box_office.