Seven million pound cancer care centre opens in Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
A new £7 million cancer care centre serving Cambridgeshire which offers radiotherapy, chemotherapy and a health and wellbeing service has opened in Newmarket.
The centre, in Fordham Road, will provide a local option for people with many different types of cancer, including breast, prostate, lung, bowel, brain, head and neck, and neurological.
It is the 12th GenesisCare centre enabling people to access private, quality cancer care.
Aldo Rolfo, GenesisCare general manager UK, said: “The new centre will give people within East Anglia the opportunity to receive fast and easy access to the very best cancer care, close to home.
“We are working with the best clinicians in the country who are excited to be working in an environment which can provide the speed and quality of service, that patients need and deserve.”
You may also want to watch:
The development of the new centre will also lead to 30 new jobs associated with clinical services including doctors, nurses, clinical scientists, pharmacists, radiation therapists and counsellors.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens