NHS Cambridgeshire and Tesco team up to promote World Non Smoking Day
- Credit: Archant
THE NHS and Tesco joined forces to promote World Non Smoking Day in March yesterday.
Councillor Ralph Butcher, Fenland District Council’s portfolio holder for health, was given a carbon monoxide breath test by Sheila Collins, from NHS Cambridgeshire’s Camquit stop smoking service, outside Tesco in March.
Cllr Butcher, who gave up smoking more than a decade ago, urged others to follow his lead.
He said: “Not only is smoking one of the biggest causes of ill health, it is also very expensive. So giving up will make you both healthier and wealthier.
“I know that it can be hard to quit but there is help available.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone seeking advice and support should contact Camquit on 0800 018 4304 or visit www.camquit.nhs.uk
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens