March celebrates 70 years of the NHS
- Credit: Archant
A mental health nurse was presented with a giant birthday card outside March Town Hall as part of celebrations to mark 70 years of the NHS.
Serena Watts was presented with the card by Euro MP Alex Mayer last Saturday (July 7).
Campaigners held a street stall to mark the milestone and spoke to local people about how they cherish the way the NHS puts people first.
They also discussed how to make sure the NHS survives and thrives for the next seventy years.
Ms Mayer praised hardworking NHS staff but also warned of Brexit troubles ahead, fearing that staff shortages could jeopardise its future.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “Happy Birthday NHS, and a huge Cambridgeshire thank you to all the hardworking doctors, nurses and other staff who make our NHS so amazing.”
The National Health Service turned 70 on July 5. Thousands celebrated across the UK with street parties and charity galas.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle