Nick’s new feat is a case of happy feet, he’s got those happy feet, give them a lowdown beat and they begin dancing!
- Credit: Archant
IN terms of politics losing his seat – and county council leadership- may have been one step back but for Nick Clarke’s new business venture it is feet firmly forward.
Mr Clarke has swapped the corridors of power to return to business to launch the first in a planned chain of chiropody clinics.
“I have been working with a young enthusiastic team to help develop a new business based around feet and foot comfort,” he said.
He also revealed the philosophy behind the new venture as being “pampered tootsies and a relaxed mind”.
Mr Clarke added: “Feet are often neglected and are sometimes the cause of joint and muscle pain elsewhere in the body. The trouble is how many of us go to seek help?
You may also want to watch:
We hope to provide a complete service from chiropody, to massage and beauty. Key to success will be a fantastic customer experience. “A lot of research has been carried out and we hope to launch our first outlet this year, the first of many I hope.”
He said he hoped to open one clinic this year, five next and then hopefully develop a chain.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
He said small businesses accounted for a sizeable chunk of the British economy and after running IT companies it was time for a change.
The key ingredients to success in any enterprise he said were the same and they were “passion, hard work, protect your cash and delivering the very best customer experience that can be achieved”.