Night time bike ride raises more than £2,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
An overnight bike ride from London to Brighton has raised more than £2,000 for a cancer charity.
Sisters Suzi Brownlow and Rachel Scott along with friend Jo Clark took part in the all night event that was held for the first time this year.
Suzi, who owns Mulberry hair salon in March, said the trio were raising money for Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
They left the Olympic Park in London at 10.20pm and arrived at Brighton racecourse 10 hours later cycling all the way through the night.
She said: “It was 66 miles of hills, wind and rain. It was a real challenge, we had been training for about six months but nothing could prepare you for those Brighton hills
You may also want to watch:
“It was mentally challenging but we kept each other going. We are really proud of what we achieved raising money.
“We would like to say a massive thank you to everyone, Mulberry clients, friends and family who have sponsored and supported us.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
Cyclists left the city by moonlight and arrived in Brighton as the day began to break.
To donate money visit www.justgiving.com/joclark or call in to the Mulberry salon in March High Street.