But why? The Hippodrome Wetherspoons in March not serving any food all day ‘due to unforeseen circumstances’
- Credit: Archant / Facebook / FILE
Those wanting to grab a bite to eat at The Hippodrome in March today are out of luck ‘due to unforeseen circumstances’.
The Wetherspoons restaurant on Dartford Road has closed its kitchen doors today (August 23) and no one knows why.
A sign stuck to the doors said: "Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to serve any food.
"We apologise for any inconvenience. Kind regards, The Hippodrome Team."
A post on social media has already attracted dozens of people, all speculating as to why the restaurant and hotel chain has stopped serving.
You may also want to watch:
One person joked: "Hot weekend and the younger staff probably don't want to work, so they might have to rely on the older generation again."
- We have contacted JD Wetherpoon for a comment.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire