Bus service will not run this year at Festival of the Forties in March due to A141 roadworks
- Credit: Archant
The Festival of the Forties in March will have no complimentary bus service this year due to the roadworks on the A141, organisers say.
Hundreds of revellers gather every year to be taken on a trip back in time as they gaze over drill displays, fly pasts and battle re-enactments in the town.
Organiser Matt Page said: “Due to the roadworks on the A141 we have had to cancel the complimentory Bus service to the festival this year. as we cannot guarantee the times for pick ups.
“We do apologise for this but we hope that you will all still come and visit the largest dedicated 1940s event in the region.”
Closing this years show will be the BBMF Spitfire and Hurricane with the RAF 100 Flypast Finale.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place on July 21 to 22 at the grounds event site in Knights End Road.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend