Residents in March and Doddington without internet for three days as TalkTalk goes down in the Fens – routers are showing ‘red light of doom’
- Credit: Archant
Homes in Fenland have been without internet for three days after a major network has reported ‘loss of broadband’.
TalkTalk users in March and Doddington have taken to social media after a red light has been left on their routers since Tuesday, November 5.
Some have even dubbed the light "the red light of doom" after still experiencing internet issues three days after the reported outage.
One local business owner said: "The internet has been off for three days, but it's finally back on when I just arrived at my shop in March. Hope I'm not celebrating too soon."
Another resident said: "We've not had internet since early morning Tuesday, I'm with TalkTalk in March."
You may also want to watch:
Although some users have reported that their internet access returned on Wednesday (November 6), some are still having issues.
In a statement online, TalkTalk said: "We are aware that some customers in Doddington, March and Ramsey are experiencing a loss of service.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
"This is due to a fault on a section of the Openreach network used to deliver your service.
"We're continuing to work with local engineers to restore service as soon as possible and have planned work for November 6.
"We'd like to apologies for the inconvenience caused and ask that you check back in the morning, when we expect to have our next update."
We have approached TalkTalk for a comment.