No time to paws for thought at a busy fun day for Wisbech cat sanctuary.
- Credit: Archant
Animal lovers raised hundreds of pounds at a busy, fun-packed day for Croft House cat sanctuary in Wisbech.
A range of stalls and refreshments raised the a massive total of £925 which was boosted with a donation of £428.21 from Pets at Home customers.
A couple celebrating their ruby wedding also donated money from family and friends who had given charity cash instead of anniversary gifts.
Lindsay Kierman, who set up the charity in Harecroft Road in 2012, said: “I have been blown away by the support. It’s absolutely amazing.
“One woman came from Newark and I was joined by lots of friends made thanks to Facebook. The total will go towards the upkeep of the cats and kittens.
You may also want to watch:
“Once animals are in my care they are given any medical treatment they need until such time they are ready to be re-homed. I try never to turn away injured cats or kittens and do my utmost to make sure they get quality veterinary care.”
Mrs Kierman’s sanctuary asks for a donation of £50 for an adult cat and £30 for a kitten.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens