‘No trains today’: All trains from March station cancelled as ‘urgent emergency work’ goes ahead on Manea bridge – affecting lines between Peterborough and Ely
- Credit: Archant
All trains have been cancelled from March rail station today (June 1) after Manea bridge needs ‘emergency repairs’.
Greater Anglia will be providing taxis and buses all day from the station as the repairs go ahead.
A Greater Anglia spokesperson said: “All train services between Ely and Peterborough have been suspended while Network Rail carry out emergency bridge repairs near Manea.
“We’ve arranged alternative transport for our customers, including rail replacement buses.
“People should check before they travel using our website, app or Twitter, and allow extra time for their journeys. We’d like to apologise to customers for any inconvenience caused.”
You may also want to watch:
A Network Rail spokesman said: “Urgent repairs to a railway bridge are taking place at Manea, blocking all lines between Peterborough and Ely.
“Consequently, train services have been suspended between these stations until the end of service.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
Buses are replacing trains between Peterborough and Ely and customers travelling to or from Manea have been told to use the help point at the station or speak to a member of staff at Ely to arrange taxis.
A sign at the March station said: “No trains today. Emergency work is being done on the Manea bridge. Buses all day.
“I will make announcements on bus times as I know. Buses will leave here each hour. Please wait for my announcements before coming to the window.”
Network Rail say the following trains will run as planned:
• 20:21 Stansted Airport – Birmingham New Street
• 19:22 Birmingham New Street – Stansted Airport
• 20:22 Birmingham New Street - Cambridge
The spokesman added: “East Midlands Trains have lifted their ticket restrictions, and you may travel on earlier or later trains than originally booked.
“In addition, if you decide not to travel today, you may use your ticket to travel tomorrow instead.”
“You may be entitled to compensation if you experience a delay in completing your journey today. Please keep your train ticket and make a note of your journey, as both will be required to support any claim.”
For more information, visit: www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/today.aspx