Noel Gallagher spotted in Posh away stands at Manchester City match
- Credit: PRESS ASSOCIATION
Noel Gallagher was spotted in the crowd at the Posh stadium last night as Manchester City played against Peterborough United in the FA Cup.
The former Oasis singer was joined in the away stands by his friend and Manchester City fan Scully.
When photos started being shared on Twitter, football and music fans said they were surprised Noel had visited Peterborough.
"I can’t get over Noel Gallagher definitely sitting in his house going 'ah let’s go to Peterborough away'," said one person.
Another said: "I cannot get over the fact that Noel Gallagher is in Peterborough sat in the POSH ground surrounded by normal people!"
Chatteris boxer and European featherweight champion Jordan Gill celebrated his weekend title win by getting onto the pitch, too.
In the match itself, Oleksandr Zinchenko captained Manchester City to what eventually proved to be a comfortable 2-0 FA Cup fifth-round win, but only after the scoreline remained 0-0 for an hour.
The Ukraine international was given the honour of leading out the Premier League champions as a show of support against Russia’s invasion of his homeland.
- 1 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 2 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 3 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 4 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 5 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 6 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 All you need to know about FACT charity's dial-a-ride service
- 9 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
The two team captains also carried out the Ukraine flag ahead of kick-off.