None of services provided by FACT could be offered by Fenland’s taxi firms
FOLLOWING the prolonged tirade by Fenland taxi drivers against Fenland Association Community Transport in your newspaper, I would like to make my point speaking from both sides of the argument.
I am a registered Fenland District Council private hire driver and I work for FACT as a driver and am very proud to do so.
It is my considered opinion that the taxi drivers have no idea what they are talking about with regard to FACT “stealing” their trade and their customers.
I can wholeheartedly vouch for the fact that none of the services provided by FACT could be offered at the same low cost by local taxi services.
In the case of wheelchair users or disabled users, taxi drivers could not provide the level of care or service that FACT does. I do not know of a single taxi in the region that has any disabled facilities, although I am prepared to be proven wrong.
You may also want to watch:
In the UK there are hundreds of similar community transport schemes that run alongside taxi and minicab services without any rivalry or argument. In rural communities, these transport service are a vital lifeline to many of the users.
Why do all these taxi drivers seem to think it’s fair game to take a pop at FACT, when there are many unlicensed drivers and cars operating in the region?
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
The problem of these unlicensed, unregistered and uninsured cars is a far greater worry to me and my private hire driving than the FACT buses.
A PRIVATE HIRE AND FACT DRIVER