Man in his 20s is arrested for alleged attempted robbery of a March taxi driver
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s has been arrested in connection with an attempted robbery of a March taxi driver.
The man remains in custody with Norfolk Police.
Dart taxi driver Samuel Slater, 67, said the alleged incident took place when he drove three passengers, two men and a woman, in a pre booked cab from outside the Griffin pub in March to Elm High Road in Wisbech.
The incident happened when he stopped at Morrison’s supermarket in Wisbech where the passengers claimed they needed to stop to take money from a cash machine.
Mr Slater has been a taxi driver for 16 years and says it is the first time in his driving career that he has experienced any problems in the early hours alleged incident that he says has left him shaken.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said: “We are investigating this as an attempted robbery.
“It happened at about 1.10am on Sunday January 28. Minor injuries were sustained.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November