Norfolk Street Post Office in Wisbech to get new look and extra opening hours
- Credit: Archant
A Post Office in Wisbech is to get a new look next month, along with extra opening hours.
Three modern screened serving positions will be installed in the new style Norfolk Street branch during the refurbishment.
After the revamp, the branch will be open from Monday to Saturday, 9am to 5.30.pm. It currently closes at lunchtime on Wednesday and Saturday.
The Norfolk Street Post Office will close for the refurbishment on Saturday October 19 at 12.30pm, and the new-look facility will open on October 30 at 1pm.
After the work is complete, the Norfolk Street Post Office will also gain the car tax renewal service.
You may also want to watch:
During this refurbishment, the nearest alternative Post Offices will be Wisbech Post Office in Bridge Street, and Walsoken Post Office in Kirkgate Street.
Post Office regional network manager south Will Russell said: “We understand how important having a Post Office is to residents in this area of Wisbech and we are confident that the new branch will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
“The modernisation is part of a major investment programme to convert the Post Office network to new-style branches. This investment, the largest in the history of the Post Office, makes a commitment to no more branch closure programmes.”