North Bank Closure
IS this the kind of price you have for having such a wonderful area for wildlife? Just the kind of words I would expect from a Councillor who really obviously couldn’t care less as the road closure doesn’t affect him in any way.
IS this the kind of price you have for having such a wonderful area for wildlife?
Just the kind of words I would expect from a Councillor who really obviously couldn’t care less as the road closure doesn’t affect him in any way. Cllr Hiller, I would like to invite you to take the drive home from work with me one evening in mid September when it will take me an hour to get 10 miles. This is for two reasons. 1 - The inability of Peterborough council to do a job in a reasonable amount of time and 2 - The inability of Cambridgeshire council to fulfil there promise of putting a bridge over the King’s Dyke crossing. The need for this bridge has been well documented in the local press over the past years, and at one point was reported as going ahead (http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/environment/bridge_will_end_crossing_delays_1_55903).
So roll on January (when it will probably be too icy to drive down North Bank anyway) providing that the suspension in my car holds out for another 4 months after having the choice of 2 extremely bumpy roads to drive down twice daily or sit in traffic for a hour even now, during the school holidays.
Thanks again Cllr Hiller and the ever reliable and completely uncaring Peterborough council.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre