North Bank is not a ‘lethal’ road as your report claimed last week after fatal crash
TRAGIC as this accident was, it is wrong to ‘blame’ North Bank as being responsible (“lethal”, according to your report).
I have driven along North Bank many hundreds of times without incident but I treat it with the respect it deserves.
The cause of the accident will no doubt be established in due course – either a mechanical fault on one of the vehicles involved or, more likely, failure of one or more of the drivers involved to drive at a speed and in a manner appropriate to the road conditions.
So can we please have more objective and less sensational reporting of such incidents?
Whatever the cause, it was not a “lethal” road that brought the accident about. If it were, then everyone who drives along it, however careful they may be, would have an accident at the same spot.
High School Close
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 9 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push
- 10 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers