North Bank is not a ‘lethal’ road as your report claimed last week after fatal crash
TRAGIC as this accident was, it is wrong to ‘blame’ North Bank as being responsible (“lethal”, according to your report).
I have driven along North Bank many hundreds of times without incident but I treat it with the respect it deserves.
The cause of the accident will no doubt be established in due course – either a mechanical fault on one of the vehicles involved or, more likely, failure of one or more of the drivers involved to drive at a speed and in a manner appropriate to the road conditions.
So can we please have more objective and less sensational reporting of such incidents?
Whatever the cause, it was not a “lethal” road that brought the accident about. If it were, then everyone who drives along it, however careful they may be, would have an accident at the same spot.
You may also want to watch:
High School Close
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder