Northey Bridge improvements
I READ with interest about the process of the new Northey bridge along the North Bank and then my interest changed to disbelief after reading that they will be making it a two lane bridge.
I READ with interest about the process of the new Northey bridge along the North Bank and then my interest changed to disbelief after reading that they will be making it a two lane bridge. The only thing that stops people taking that bend at speed is having to stop to allow traffic through the single lane that was there. Without this new bridge I give it about four weeks after opening before a car ends up in the river or there is an accident on that bend, either of these from people who are not familiar with the tight bend onto North Bank. I’m not sure who’s bright idea this was but I should imagine that it was someone’s who is not familiar with this road and hasn’t thought it through properly.
It would have been good if during the time that North Bank has been closed that some other improvements to this road could have taken place. Unlikely really though considering the councils complete inability to recognise the danger of this road.
On the note of road safety in this area, a big well done Graham for completing the Tipps End to Lands End bike ride for the Fenland Road Safety Campaign.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s