Northey Bridge improvements
I READ with interest about the process of the new Northey bridge along the North Bank and then my interest changed to disbelief after reading that they will be making it a two lane bridge.
I READ with interest about the process of the new Northey bridge along the North Bank and then my interest changed to disbelief after reading that they will be making it a two lane bridge. The only thing that stops people taking that bend at speed is having to stop to allow traffic through the single lane that was there. Without this new bridge I give it about four weeks after opening before a car ends up in the river or there is an accident on that bend, either of these from people who are not familiar with the tight bend onto North Bank. I’m not sure who’s bright idea this was but I should imagine that it was someone’s who is not familiar with this road and hasn’t thought it through properly.
It would have been good if during the time that North Bank has been closed that some other improvements to this road could have taken place. Unlikely really though considering the councils complete inability to recognise the danger of this road.
On the note of road safety in this area, a big well done Graham for completing the Tipps End to Lands End bike ride for the Fenland Road Safety Campaign.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 5 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 8 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Residents make most of lockdown easing as Christmas comes early