Nostalgia time in March pulls in the crowds and raises the cash for charities
A NOSTGALIC trip back in time was hailed a success as a ‘March into the 1940s’ day raised over �1,100 for charity.
For the third year the GER Sports Club in Robingoodfellows Lane, March, hosted the event which afforded a glimpse back in time.
The day included dance lessons, screenings of vintage Dad’s Army episodes, an evening meal, and 40s style entertainment,
One of the organisers, Donna Symonds, described it was a “tremendous day and given the economic climate the amount raised was fantastic”.
Proceeds will be split between Help for Heroes and East Anglia Ambulance and already plans are in hand for next year’s event.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got a few ideas for next year and hope it will be bigger and better” said Donna
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award