Now is the right time for Chatteris couple to object to having roundabout near their home
REGARDING the story on your website about Albert and Agnes Austin’s fears of a roundabout being built near their Chatteris home.
To quote your article: “Albert and Agnes Austin believed they would spend the rest of their lives enjoying living in their Chatteris home but instead they are becoming ill with worry.
“They have lived at The Lamb and Flag in Iretons Way for 45 years and the house has been in the family for generations.
“It is not plans to build up to 1,000 new homes on farmland opposite the Austin’s house which is upsetting the couple but the position of a roundabout earmarked on the plans.
“The couple have been told that now is not the right time to voice their protests because the application is only in outline form.”
Who on earth told them that? Now is absolutely the right time! Once it is determined at outline, it’s there for ever!
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing