Now is the right time for Chatteris couple to object to having roundabout near their home
REGARDING the story on your website about Albert and Agnes Austin’s fears of a roundabout being built near their Chatteris home.
To quote your article: “Albert and Agnes Austin believed they would spend the rest of their lives enjoying living in their Chatteris home but instead they are becoming ill with worry.
“They have lived at The Lamb and Flag in Iretons Way for 45 years and the house has been in the family for generations.
“It is not plans to build up to 1,000 new homes on farmland opposite the Austin’s house which is upsetting the couple but the position of a roundabout earmarked on the plans.
“The couple have been told that now is not the right time to voice their protests because the application is only in outline form.”
Who on earth told them that? Now is absolutely the right time! Once it is determined at outline, it’s there for ever!
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 5 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 6 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 9 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash