Now you can sign up for Ouse Washes Experience free of charge
- Credit: Archant
The Ouse Washes Experience will be free to enter this year after the event was awarded a grant from the Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership.
The event is organised by Ely Hereward Rotary Club and allows participants to walk, run or cycle from 10km up to 54km along a previously unused track adjacent to the Old Bedford River near Mepal and Welney.
Grant funding for this year’s event means participants will be able to take part and raise money for their chosen charities without paying an entry fee.
In exchange, the organisers are asking that entrants to make a donation to the Rotary club’s chosen charities either on the day or via the MyDonate website.
A spokesman for Ely Hereward Rotary said: “We invite all to come along on to the Wildfowl and Wetland Trust at Welney on September 20 and have a fun day in the Ouse Washes.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a remarkable part of our heritage, within an amazing unforgettable landscape, so make sure you put the date in your diary now.
“On the day, there will be a competition for the cyclists who can take time out at places of interest on route and answer some questions based on their observation skills. There will be a prize for the lucky winner.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
For more information about event, or to make a donation, visit www.walk-run-cycle.org.uk