‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- Credit: Facebook/Policing Fenland
Several number plate thefts from “numerous” vehicles across Fenland have been reported to police, sparking a warning from officers.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary’s Fenland Neighbourhood Policing Team are urging any victims of number plate thefts to report it immediately.
A police spokesperson said: “We have recently been made aware of numerous thefts of number plates from vehicles in the region.
“Aside from the obvious inconvenience, costs and damage to vehicles these thefts cause with regards to having to replace the physical plates, these thefts also cause stress, worry and concern to victims whose vehicles have been targeted.
“Number plates can be stolen for a number of different reasons - either way their theft is never good.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have been a victim of number plate theft in the local area and have not yet reported it to us then we urge you to do so.
“Reports can be made via 101 or by using the online reporting system on our website.”
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 6 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 9 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 10 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan