‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- Credit: Facebook/Policing Fenland
Several number plate thefts from “numerous” vehicles across Fenland have been reported to police, sparking a warning from officers.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary’s Fenland Neighbourhood Policing Team are urging any victims of number plate thefts to report it immediately.
A police spokesperson said: “We have recently been made aware of numerous thefts of number plates from vehicles in the region.
“Aside from the obvious inconvenience, costs and damage to vehicles these thefts cause with regards to having to replace the physical plates, these thefts also cause stress, worry and concern to victims whose vehicles have been targeted.
“Number plates can be stolen for a number of different reasons - either way their theft is never good.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have been a victim of number plate theft in the local area and have not yet reported it to us then we urge you to do so.
“Reports can be made via 101 or by using the online reporting system on our website.”
- 1 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 6 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 7 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 8 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 9 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 10 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'