Nurse who went the extra mile to help her patient at a Wisbech-based palliative care centre is awarded
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech-based nurse has won an award for her care, love and understanding.
Michelle Knight, clinical nurse specialist, based at the Macmillan and Hudson Palliative Care Centre, has been awarded the Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust’s Shine a Light award after being nominated by one her patients.
Christine Wicks, from Long Sutton, who nominated her, said: “Michelle helped me over some very difficult times as the rare illness I have is very hard to cope with and very scary.
“ Michelle sat with me on many occasions and I gradually opened up to her enabling me to be taken out of some very dark places where at times I was so afraid.
“Michelle helped me clear my head and this slowly helped me open up my heart and believe in people again. She shone a light on me and I would like to “shine a light” on her as she is a very, very special person.”
You may also want to watch:
The shine a Light scheme allows members of the public to nominate staff who have delivered a fantastic service and made a real difference to their lives. Trust staff are also encouraged to nominate their colleagues.
Michelle said: “I am delighted. To be nominated by Christine, who I have worked with for a long while ,is truly special and a privilege, particularly as she is going through so much herself.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
“I can only do what I do with the support of my team of staff and volunteers at the Hudson Centre.”
Every month a member of staff or a team are selected from a list of nominations as the Shine a Light award winner.
If you would like to nominate a member of staff or a team who has gone the extra mile for you, you can nominate on line at www.cambscommunityservices.nhs.uk.