Nursery’s ‘Big Toddle’ raises £320 for children’s charity Barnardo’s
- Credit: Archant
Clarence House Chatteris has raised more than £320 by taking part in The Big Toddle - an event that helps boost funds for the children’s charity Barnardo’s.
The theme this year was ‘wild animals’ so all children and staff put lots of effort in to make ‘wild’ costumes, said nursery manager Lee-Ann Watson.
“It was a very hot day so some of the younger children didn’t take part but the older children did a short walk in Chatteris after being sponsored by friends and family.
“All the children enjoyed dressing up as wild animals - as did the staff!
“Thank you to all the people that have sponsored us to do this and help support a great charity!”
You may also want to watch:
The children and staff have already beaten their target of £250, having raised £320 with more money due to be collected.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 7 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home