Man, 34, left in ‘serious condition’ after New Year’s Eve car crash in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Terry Harris
A man remains in a “serious condition” after a crash on New Year’s Eve along one of Cambridgeshire’s main A roads.
The driver, a 34-year-old man, collided with the central reservation in his Skoda Rapid on the A1139 Fletton Parkway near Peterborough at around 6pm.
Dramatic images from the scene show all emergency services - including the air ambulance - were on hand to help the driver.
Police are now appealing for any information and dash cam footage of the driver and the manner of driving in the run up to the crash on December 31.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "We are appealing for information following a serious collision in Peterborough on New Year's Eve.
You may also want to watch:
"At about 6.15pm, officers were called to reports of a grey Skoda Rapid in collision with the central reservation on the southbound carriageway of the A1139, Fletton Parkway.
"The driver, a 34-year-old man, was taken to hospital where he remains in a serious condition.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 7 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
"Anyone with any information, dash cam footage or who witnessed the collision should contact police on 101 quoting incident 347 of December 31."