Obituary: FLORA ANN BLACKWELL
FLORA ANN BLACKWELL FLORA Ann Blackwell, of Norwood Avenue, March, died at Peterborough District Hospital on October 16. She was 73. She was the only daughter of Reginald and Alice Christmas, of St Peter s Road March, where her father worked for the famil
FLORA ANN BLACKWELL
FLORA Ann Blackwell, of Norwood Avenue, March, died at Peterborough District Hospital on October 16. She was 73.
She was the only daughter of Reginald and Alice Christmas, of St Peter's Road March, where her father worked for the family business of carpenters and joiners Alfred Christmas & Sons Ltd.
She attended March High School, and played hockey and tennis.
You may also want to watch:
After leaving school, Mrs Blackwell was employed by the Isle of Ely County Council in County Road, March, in the mental health department.
She married Neville Blackwell at St Wendreda's Church, March, in 1962. Mrs Blackwell was a member and past chairman of March Ladies Circle and in 1971 represented the group at the world conference in Ostend. She was also a member of the Business and Professional Women's Guild and for 30 years a member of March Conservative Club Ladies Committee.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
As well as he husband, Mrs Blackwell leaves four children, Ann of Huntingdon, Neville of North Allerton, John of London, and Jane of Paris, plus seven grandchildren.
The funeral service was held at St Wendreda's Church March, on Monday.