Obituary - Mick Mills
MICK Mills, 85, has died at the Kingswood Park residential home in March. He was born in Malihide near Dublin, went to school in Ireland and moved to England to work in civil engineering in 1948. He moved to March to take up a job at Whitemoor Marshalling
MICK Mills, 85, has died at the Kingswood Park residential home in March.
He was born in Malihide near Dublin, went to school in Ireland and moved to England to work in civil engineering in 1948.
He moved to March to take up a job at Whitemoor Marshalling Yards and never moved away.
In 1949 he married his wife Olive and they lived for most of their married life in Cherrywood House, Burrowmoor Road, March. She predeceased him and he leaves three children Ann, Les and Lizzy as well as grandchildren and great grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
During his working life he had various jobs including working in Whittlesey brickyards, Fenmarc and lorry driving for local companies.
He was a keen gardener and in his early married life he kept many animals in his large back garden.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Also for many years he was a vice-president at March Town Cricket Club.
The funeral service took place at St Peter's Church, March, on Friday followed by burial at Eastwood Cemetery.