Off duty fireman charged with drink driving in Fenland
AN off duty fire fighter has been arrested and charged with drink driving.
Police confirmed today they had arrested and charged Dean Elkin, 44, of Norwood Road, March, for allegedly driving with excess alcohol.
Elkin, a part time retained fire fighter at March Fire Station, was arrested in Elliott Road, March, shortly after 9.15pm last Thursday.
He will appear in court at a later date.
A spokesman for Cambs Fire Service said a full internal investigation had found that the retained fire fighter (who works by day as a plumber) was not on duty when the offence took place.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said Elkin had not been suspended from operational duties but restrictions had been placed on him preventing him from driving a fire engine whilst the case is pending.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed